Saturday, November 3, 2007

Touch Football Part IV

This is going to be the last installment of my SOS story, I think, so I hope it doesn't dissapoint.

M
OH MY GOSH!!! Who is this kid? He's so hot! I've only known him, what, 3 hours? He's so cool, and I feel all queasy and butterfly-ish around him. Ooooohhh, I love it. I've never felt this way before...



Who was I kidding? She would never be mine. I was a fool, and I think I knew that. She was a totally different person in the days that followed my party. Always smiling, eyes always glossy, and it took her an extra two seconds to understand what you were saying before she answered. I hated seeing her like that, but if it made her happy, i was happy. It was with this attitude that I made my way through high school, knowing she never loved me, but that I was happy when she was loved.
My heart eventually moved on, and I was able to tear the part of me away from her that she took. I'm not sure how much longer they were "together". My mom got remarried, and we moved to Boston the summer that followed. That was another very very difficult part of my life, so I sort of forgot about Melissa. Sort of. Not seeing her everyday led to not thinking about her. That then led to not loving her. I guess it was for the best, and I suppose it made me live my life a little more fully and freely than before. I got over her and moved on.

10 comments:

Brillig said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to see it end! And so abruptly! But, I suppose that's the way these things happen, right? Sigh. I've absolutely loved reading this. I hope you'll keep playing, even if it requires starting a new story. :-D

soccer mom in denial said...

Quick ending. It feels right. And do play some more.

Secret Agent Mama said...

I hope you play again next week. :D

Madam Crunchypants said...

What a tale. Hope to see you play again next week!

tripleZmom said...

Sometimes endings feel so abrupt and then I realize that that's how they're supposed to be. Please keep playing!

Jenn in Holland said...

Oh, gosh, I am so late to the party so I read back to catch the whole story all in one reading. I am also sad to see it end!
Well done.
You'll have more to say next week, right?

Lauren said...

Of course I'll continue playing! I love this game ... it's so much fun to read all of your stories as well. I was sorry to end it abruptly too, but then i realized, of course, that's how it really happens. Like I said, 25% FALSE...so it did really end that abruptly.

Lauren said...

My dad made a comment about my SOS story (how he got the URL is a mystery). He said "When you write from a guy's perspective, you're way too innerpersonal thoughtful...all that gushy stuff. Guys' thoughts are so much more simple than that. It's basically 'I'm hungry. I gotta go pee. I'm hungry again. Hey that girl throws pretty good. Any one got any food?'"

Whoops

Luisa Perkins said...

Keep writing, Alice!

Elizabeth said...

Hey Alice,
I have been catching up with your blog and the SOS story. I had a great time reading it.
Your Dad's comments make me laugh.

Can't wait to read more from you!