Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A new MEME

So I had a revelation for a new meme the other day when I was reading the Top Ten Favorite Characters...Were I Not Happily Married thing. This meme, however, is slightly different. I realized that that meme is discriminating those of us not happily married. I mean not marrried...at all. Not necessarily unhappily married....


OK! Anywho, this meme is called My Top Ten Fictional Characters From Novels That I Am Madly In Love With And Would Gladly Meet, Fall In Love With And Live Happily Ever After Were I Not Under 18 And In No Situation Whatsoever To Begin Any Sort Of Romantic Connections; Fictional Or Otherwise.



1. Edward Cullen- I guarrantee that every other girl I send this meme to with have the exact same number one as me. Edward is the unbelievably gorgeous, sensitive, vegetarian vampire that is the star of Stephenie Meyer's genius Twilight. Yes, Jacob is cool, but Edward is........incredible! The whole fictionality of him (is fictionality a word Luisa?) is what makes him so... Do you know that phrase, "You want what you can't have". Well, there you go! Completely fictional and unreachable, even to the main mistress Bella, and completely mysterious and enigmatic.


2. Landen - This the Landen from The Seer and the Sword not A Walk to Remember although I love both. But this Landen is strong and brave and kind and fearless. He is the captured orphan of a conquered land who was taken as a boy to his father's slayer, Kind Kareed's, kingdom. There he meets Kareed's daughter Torina where they fall in love, are secretly seeing each other, all that jazz. Its really a wonderful story and Landen just makes it all the better. He is so understanding about the way Torina lives and helps her through some of the most troubling times of her life. Her father is killed in a plot to steal her kingdom, and her father's throne is taken over...and I'm not spoiling anything, I promise! He helps her ........... oh wait. I was just about to spoil something. Nevermind. Just read it.


3. Link - This character is a favorite of mine because of his simple optimism. He is Melba Patillo's pal in Warriors Don't Cry a memoir of her integration into an all white high school. He is one of the few students who tries to help the nine black students, and tries hard. He risks his life (?)(no not life) by sending them notes about where ambushes are going to be planned and what staircases or hallways to avoid. He wasn't one of the most romantic characters, but his sole bravery is what attracts me to him.


4. Farid - Cornelia Funke writes a great novel, I'll tell you that. Both Inkheart and Inkspell are two of my favorite books. Farid is the teenage boy in these stories that gets read out of his own book and into our world by a powerful reader's voice, and now is trying to convince the reader's daughter, Meggie, to read him back . It's a dangerous business, so she knows she shouldn't try, but all the same she is curious about his world and wants to go with him. Cornelia describes his eyes as "shockingly blue against his dark skin" and as a smart boy with a lot to learn. To watch his transformation from a little boy to a young man is sort of enchanting and intriguing. I like his attitutude and willingness to learn that he portrays through the novels.


5. Harry Potter - I know, I know, he and Ginny are soulmates, BUT a girl can dream can't she? I think Harry is the nicest, smartest, pulled together literary teenager I have ever read about. If any one objects, please let me know. I can't believe everything he did, and at such an early age too. Fiction is still fiction, but Harry is pretty brave. (It seems all of these guys are brave. Go figure, I like a brave guy.)


6. Jesse Tuck - Tuck Everlasting is one of my favorite books, and favorite movies. Only rarely does that work out for me because usually the books rocks my life and the movie sucks. Take Harry Potter...Any way, I love Jesse not because he is BRAVE because there's no real time in the book when theres a need for that, but because he's so romantic and mystical and carefree. I love the serenity and peacefulness that he is. He never worries about being on time to anything or getting anything in on time. I love it.


7. Billy - Now I won't say that I fell in love with him the second I opened Where the Red Fern Grows, because I'm not a liar, but I can say that after I read it a couple of times, he started to grow on me. I like his character, or rather the idea of his character more and more after hearing the story being read to me, reading it myself. This was one of those books that I cried at the end of (just like Twilight) and so when they made the movie, I cried through the whole thing because of how emotionally PAINFUL it was to watch!! Grr.....I hate that move I hate it I hate it.!!


8. I have a question for this one. Does Rich count???? I love him to death!!! Yes...he counts. As of right now.
Rich is a character in the wonderful Luisa's novel-in-progress, The Holly Place. He is so REAL. Not brave, real. Well I guess, given what he's faced he could be considered brave. Oh well. If you haven't read it yet, go check it out. It's pretty much the best unpublished book in the WORLD. WORLD!!! And I love Rich. To death. He's so nice and welcoming and real.

(I just realized that none of these are in order. Just saying)

9. This next one I'm not necessarily in LOVE with, I just like him a lot.
Jonas - The Giver has always been one of my favorite books, actually all of my favorite books are on this list, so the fact that the main character was a boy was just an added plus. I like how different and yet the same (wow that sounds wierd) his world is and our world is. I like how he is the only "normal" one in his alternate universe, and how we can relate to him because he thinks like us.

10. EDWARD (again!) - I just love him to death. Sorry, that should probably be illegal in this meme...wait I invented this meme. haHa! You can repeat characters in this meme. No, actually I can repeat characters, but you can't.

The end has come...

5 comments:

Mary said...

The title of my meme is not making fun of the actual meme, but rather the subjects that it brings up. Luvs.

Melissa said...

In the book version of Lion, Witch and Wardrobe, I never was much impressed with Peter. Not that I didn't like him, he just didn't stand out from the crowd. The Prince in the Silver Chair was MUCH more appealing. But in the movie version of LW&W, Peter was dreamy. Brave and real. And he reminded me of a young Joseph Smith (spring of 1820 Joseph Smith), who, by the way, I had a serious crush on when I was younger.

Lauren said...

Wow that is really funny because I was thinking the same thing. I liked him a lot in the movie...just because.

beingfabolous said...

hai. could u see my blogspot and tells your friends.. im about making friends accross country.. huhu.

thx.

nice to meet u even not really met, anyway!!

Luisa Perkins said...

Oh, Alice. You have brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much! I'm glad that Rich is appealing; he certainly is in my head. And yes: 'fictionality' is a word.

Great list! You can have Edward, since Jacob is mine, all mine.