Saturday, November 24, 2007

SOS! SOS! SOS! SOS!

Now, many people (ehemm...Mary) find the story ABOUT the story to be more pleasurable than the story itself, but I hope this 100% factual retelling will not fall under that category.

My beautiful, smart, athletic, stunning Arabian princess friend has always been worried that nobody likes her (What?) and that she doesn't fit in with anybody. She has on multiple occasions listed her flaws, like a loud laugh and a crooked nose, that she can't possibly fix, so therefore no one will ever like her. Well...actually, wait. This story begins a couple of weeks ago actually. Let me backtrack for you.



A boy that she, Natalie we'll call her, really likes is on the varsity track team, placed 3rd out of 250 high schoolers down in the city last week (which he had to miss half of the school day for), and is extremely smart, cute, and funny. All the works. Anyways, Natalie had been talking to him, Ben, about a field hockey game she was going to be playing in that afternoon.

He said, "I don't think I can make it today 'cause I have track. I'll try though."

She and I didn't really know what "I'll try" meant to him, because later that day when we were all set up in our positions on the field I saw Ben in my peripheral vision appear from behind the elementary school building, which was a stone's throw away from our field, taking his iPod out of his ears and talking to a couple of his friends who had come too. I literally jumped up in the air and turned around to show Natalie. The two of us were screaming, quietly screaming, and jumping. She suddenly was very embarrassed that he had actually come, and started feeling queasy. I told her she was a great player and not to loose her head. Right then I also realized something. He had had track practice at the high school earlier, right? Our field was about FOUR MILES away. He had ran the whole way!!! The referee blew the whistle so I wasn't able to start quiet screaming again with Natalie, but knowing he was there gave both her AND I surges of energy at sporadic points in the game.
I think thats enough.

To be continued...

8 comments:

soccer mom in denial said...

Pretty exciting!!

Jen said...

He sounds dedicated. Are you going to finish this next week?

Patois42 said...

A boy who would run four miles to see a girl? Yeah, that's teen-age love for you. Looking forward to reading the next episode.

Fourier Analyst said...

A real-time soapy tale? Verrry interesting! And how long do we have to wait for the ending, or is this tale on-going? Great SOS!

Lauren said...

I'm pretty sure I can fit it all into next week's post...unless something new happens.
*insert suspensful music here*

Mary said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA! Hmmmmm.... interesting.

Luisa Perkins said...

Excellent.

tripleZmom said...

Oh wow - he ran all that way? That's adorable. I can't wait to see what he does next!