Thursday, December 13, 2007

Traditions

Sorry about that. I had a little nine day break to work on an English project, but now that it's turned in I have time to get to what really matters (just kidding, Mom. School first).
My friend Mary requested that I explain our sacred ritual entitled, as of right now, "Calling the Snow". It works, no mocking.

Let's start at the very beginning, a very fine place to start. Mary said that wearing your pajamas inside out was the #1 step. But, the pajamas must be inside out and backwards in order to ensure a snow day, snow day, a very very snow day.

Concerning the second step (Lick a metal spoon and put it under your pillow), the spoon must be completely under your pillow each time. My brother, Genius Boy *insert heroic music*, made the mistake of sliding his pillow off the spoon during the night. We woke up to a morning of no snow. But Genius Boy *insert heroic music* had a crink in his neck the size of something big from the neck of the spoon which it rested the whole night.

Moral of the story: Make sure that the spoon is completely, perfectly 100% centered under you pillow.

Now, I never have actually done step 3 every time, but I do listen to my weather radio to see what's in the forecast. I'm sure it wouldn't do any harm to check the weather every 5 minutes, but it's not very necessary.

Who, may you ask, came up with all of these mandatory laws for all human beings on this earth to abide by? Umm, Mary and I did. We lived together for a couple (5) months while her house was being remodeled. During that time, the eight of us (our families' combined children) got to know each other and start new inside jokes, family traditions, and do things that should never ever EVER happen when parents are not home (there were a few nights like that). Just to give you an idea, we kept all of the children (down to the then 4-year-old) up until about 11:30 on a Wednesday night while the Moms and Dads were at an opera or something. We had cake for dinner that night. It was horrible. They were off the walls, so we started Jane Austen's Emma with Gwenyth Paltrow to get them to sleep. It was playing for about 7 minutes before every single one of them was out cold. :D

Anyway, follow my lead and yes, indeed, you will have a snow day!


Extra Credit: How many songs did I use in this post?
(sorry Mary, I couldn't resist copying your idea!)

4 comments:

Mary said...

We didn't give them cake. We gave them mac and cheese and chicken nuggets.
ps- you don't answer my extra credit then I don't answer yours!

Mary said...

And the P-kins were there too!

Lauren said...

Oh ya! Dang, I hope she doesn't read this. Did we ever tell her? I don't remember. I don't remember a lot of things...

Mary said...

YOU'VE GOT ALL YOUR STORIES MIXED UP!!!