Sunday, December 2, 2007

Christmas at Alice's House

I'm skipping Soap Opera Sunday today (sorry!) because we set up our Christmas tree last night and I wanted to put pictures up of that instead. I will still read everyone else's and I'll be back in the flow of things next week (or tomorrow. It will be on Monday, Cause I Missed It).

Here's a couple of pics of our holiday preperation. There's no pictures of people on here, dad. I promise. It snowed this morning so there are some great landscape shots too. It's still snowing actually. It stopped for a minute there.

It snowed because our whole family wore our pajamas inside out and backwards. That always makes it snow. Then, if we do it again, we get a day off of school. Works every time. :-)









Beautiful fire, Dad! (He takes pride in his fires)

We have ornaments on that tree from 1992.
Wierd I know. Wait, I stand corrected. '89.








"A beautiful sight, we're happy tonight.
Walking in a winter wonderland."








In winter I get up at night
And dress by yellow candle-light.
In summer quite the other way
I have to go to bed by day.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
What?! "...bed by day..."? Talk about burning daylight.
:-)
Dad learned that saying, "burning daylight", from my grandpa and it's now his favorite catchphrase. I can remember hearing that yelled across the lake when my brother decided he needed to EAT instead of go waterskiing. Incredible what some people try to get away with.

3 comments:

Laura McIntyre said...

The pictures are wonderful, you live in a wonderful place

Luisa Perkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Luisa Perkins said...

Lovely pics, Alice!