Thursday, February 7, 2008

Untitled


"I must now stand aside, for our party and our country," Romney told conservatives.
"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror," Romney told the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington.

You've got to love Romney for that speech, come on. As my dear friend Sara commented to me, "He's got class!" How true that is.

Dad recieved an e-mail today from one of his friends who made an interesting, and I think very valid point. He said, "After that speech today, Gov. Romney is going to be the most popular candidate come 2012. See you in four years in New Hampshire."

He and my father drove to New Hampshire this year to rally and campaign with the governor, and Dad went by himself to Florida (yes, Florida) to work for his candidate. That is dedication. He also hasn't let us kids forget that his father worked for the Reagan campaign in '68 and '76, both years when he did not win nomination until 1980 when he did. There is still hope, and Dad is continually optimistic. No heartbroken teardrops at our house. We'll hang on to those MITT '08 stickers to hand around in a couple of years. It should be interesting how the rest of this election plays out, though. Especially on the Democratic side, oh my goodness. I don't think that McCain will be able to beat Obama - he'll tear him limb from limb - and I'm not sure what would happen between him and Hillary.

What do you all think?

4 comments:

Mary said...

I heart Obama. That war should have never happened. And my mom is afraid of McCain.

With a Y said...

McCain scares me too. He's creepy looking.

Luisa Perkins said...

You already know what I think. Reading about your dad's campaigning reminds me of my own campaign work through the years: Mondale/Ferraro in 1984 (the first year I could vote); Dukakis/Bentsen in 1988 (when B.P. and I first met); Clinton/Gore in 1992 and 1996; and Gore/Lieberman in 2000. I was too busy with kids in 2004 to help out with the Kerry campaign, and my heart wasn't really in it.

Luisa Perkins said...

Girl, mid-terms are over, and you are on break! Throw your fans a bone, already!