Sunday, August 17, 2008

Awkard Amusement Park Moment

Well this is the first SOS I've done in a while. It's good to be back...

This SOS happened just this past week when I went to an amusement park with my family and a family of friends. The family of friends is one that we've known forever and ever.. They have five boys and two girls. The boys ages are 15, 13, 10, 8, and 5. The girls are 4 and 2-ish. So we went to Kings Dominion in VA which was super fun, but also ...(everybody say it with me) awkward. - This word basically describes my life right now-. So anyways, the 15 year old has always been my friend and we get along great together and blah blah blah blah. We went on this roller coaster together (both families were there too!) and decided that we wanted to ride in the same car together. It wasn't ooo la la or anything (i don't think.. unless it was for him.. eww). But when we got to the gate where we had to load into the car, I noticed how the car's seats were laid out. It was shaped like a tabogan (the ride was called Avalanche) and there was one wooden bench in the middle for both passengers to sit on. But there was no division. You step in and there is just a block of wood to share with the person behind you. I say behind you because you have to sit on this like you would a horse. So stradling this wood. **do you see where I'm going with this?**
I took in all of this information in the split second that he is putting himself in the car and I started to silently... hyperventilate. This is wierd. So, he being obviously larger than me sat in the back part of the seat and I sat in front of him. When the safety bar came down, it totally squished me into him in a wierdish AWKWARD way. Both of us with our legs spread apart straddling the wood bench shoved together by the safety bar. AGHHHHH! I could die. Honestly, it was so strange.

As the ride got going, he began talking to me and making me laugh. He was also making funny noises the whole way through the roller coaster. Funny "wooooh" noises and "aahhhh" noises. We were also mocking this poor girl in front of us who was screaming bloody murder. It was histerical.

So I guess my story ends up okay in the end, but awkward still is the word that I would describe that whole entire day with.

4 comments:

Shellie said...

Awkward and 15 year olds just go together, like hot apple pie and ice cream.

Anonymous said...

Dude this would totally happen to me. Hahaha. I love it.

I'm so glad you played.

Brillig said...

YAY! Alice is back! So glad you played. And yeah... "awkward" really does seem to describe the whole situation well. Haha. Fortunately, you had the presence of mind to blog about it. :-D

Lauren said...

I was a little bummed out that I didn't have any juicy kissing stories to tell, but this one happened just recently ... and I guess.

I just had to get it all down on paper if you know what I mean. :P